Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1/25/2011 Q2 workout

Workout: 6 sets of 4:00 "hard" with 3:00 recovery jogs between. "Hard" was defined subjectively with no real target paces. I hit the tredmill for the workout because of cold temperatures outside. I started with a 3-mile warm-up in which I hit 4 strides of 30 seconds at 5:00 pace during the last mile. Each stride was followed by 90 seconds of easy running at 7:30 pace. When the workout started I hit the following splits:

Set 1- 5:52 pc/7:30 pc
Set 2- 5:46 pc/7:30 pc
Set 3- 5:39 pc/7:30 pc
Set 4- 5:36 pc/7:30 pc
Set 5- 5:33 pc/7:30 pc
Set 6- 5:27 pc/7:30 pc

Overview: It was a good workout. Not overly challenging, but certainly enough to make me know that I worked hard. I found that the strides before the workout really got me loose. The first three sets felt incredibly easy. Sets 4 and 5 were a bit tougher, and I dug in for set 6 and ran pretty strong. I shook everything loose with about 3 more easy miles to cool-down. A good first week of quality running is now in the books. Now, just adding some easy miles until Sunday's first 20-miler.

No comments:

Post a Comment