Sunday, May 29, 2011

Running Again

This injury to my achilles tendon has really sucked, but at last I think it is gone and I am finally starting to get back into shape. Last week (5/22 - 5/28) I ran 32 miles in the following manner (6, 5, 5, 0, 5, 5, 6). The week previous to that saw a similar pattern, but probably with half the miles. This week (5/29 - 6/4), I intend on running 4 days on, 1 day off, 4 days on; probably hovering somewhere around 35 miles. I am planning on doing core work this coming week too. I have absolutely no acute pain in my achilles or anywhere else, but I am definitely out of shape. I have been running between 7:00-7:20 pace and it is really a roll of the dice about how I feel each time out the door. Some days my legs feel like crap, other days it is my lungs...rarely does everything feel good. I expect that sometime soon everything will balance out and I will start feeling better more of the time. I will probably start doing strides in two more weeks. I would like to be ready to race the 4 on the 4th in Keene and to be in the low 23:00 range. Long range goals are to concentrate on shorter races during the summer and run sub 17:00 in the 5k. I would like to break 1:18 in the half marathon (maybe Covered Bridges in Swanzey), and I am planning on running the Clarence DeMar Marathon casually (2:50ish) for a BQ. I may run Cape Cod if I still feel good and use that as more of a goal race. Dunno, too far out. For now, get healthy and enjoy running again!

No comments:

Post a Comment