Q1- Long Run- This is going to be a pretty easy week for quality. However, I am chasing big miles and I really want to run well on 3/27 for my second MP workout. Today Justin, Skip and I all ran long. Skip met me at my house and we linked up with Justin at the junction. We ran the first 4.5 miles with Skip and then he turned off up Calavant Hill Road. Justin and I continued on and did our big North Charlestown loop. It was a good run, finishing 18 + miles at about 7:15 pace.
Q2- Tuesday Tempo workout- This was real tough. I did it on the treadmill for a variety of reasons. First, I didn't have much time to get outside because Sara went to work early. Second, we got a storm yesterday and the roads were not great. Lastly, I really wanted to hit this accurately and not run like a moron like I have been doing lately on my workouts that require some discipline. The workout was a 3 mile warm-up + 2x3 miles @ T pc, w/ 3:00 rest after each + 2 miles @ T pc + 3 mile cool-down. I did all my T pc. running at 5:56 pc, giving me the following splits: 17:48, 1748, 11:52. This was hard. I finished it, and thank God I didn't go out too fast or I would have had no chance. Now my legs are heavy and hating me, however I won't be working them hard again until Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment