Monday, November 22, 2010
Hanover Turkey Trot 10K
I really wish that more race directors would certify their courses. I have run 5 races since July, 3 of them were not certified and I dispute all three of those distances. Yesterday's 10K in Hanover was a bit short I think, and I am guessing it was short to the tune of 20-25 seconds or so. Either way, I had a very good race for myself. My time was 35:29 and my splits were generally all about 5:50 or a few clicks faster. I ran a very consistent effort the entire way. As the race went out I found myself back in about 12th place or so, even though I was running faster than my goal pace. At the mile mark (5:40ish) the course goes up a long steep hill and on the way up I worked myself back to 6th place. I ran with another guy for a few hundred feet down Rip Road then took off for the next dude. The guy running in fourth was real strong and I never could gain anymore ground on him. I ran in 5th place the whole rest of the way. I had to fight at the end of the race to hold off a guy who worked his way up on me in the final mile, but I was able to hold him off with a finishing kick. All told, it was a great race for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment