Q1- Today was another run at the Jack Daniels TL workouts. This is the last one before they become TLT workouts and get much longer/tougher. But let's not worry about that just yet. Today I did the usual 3-mile warm-up with strides. I then rolled into a 2 x 2 mile tempo section with 2:00 rest between each set. Instead of a real rest, I did more of a float at 7:30 pc. For the two-mile repeat sections I did them in 11:56 (6:00, 5:56) and 11:48 (5:56, 5:52), respectively. I did about a 1/4 mile cool-down and then changed into outdoor running gear. I went outside and did a 10.5 mile steady run around River Rd, Plains Rd, etc. at 7:15 pace. I finished the run back at the house meaning I took it up over Bible Hill. I took a Gu after the tempo section and I never felt like I was bonking. I am pleased with how the week began. 18 total miles for this workout. Now all I have left is to run a bunch of miles and bang a workout with the Keene guys on Wednesday.
Q2- This was one of my best workouts ever! I went to Keene and worked out with those guys. For some reason I decided to do the same workout (only slower) as Justin Fyffe. It was 1 mile, 2x800, and 4x400. All with full recovery and all very fast. I hit my splits in 5:09, 2:37, 2:38, 75, 75, 73, 72. It seemed like everyone that worked out today had a good one and ran very fast. So psyched about how this all worked out.
No comments:
Post a Comment