Thursday, January 26, 2012
1/26/12 Workout
Treadmill Fartlek Run- Today was supposed to be 5x1000m on Plains Road, and I even woke up early to do it. Justin and I were still feeling a little banged up from Sunday's race so we scrapped the workout. Instead, we ran an easy 9. I decided to do something a bit harder in the afternoon on the treadmill. I didn't want to go over-the-top on the workout so I kept it fairly easy from the beginning. I did a 10:00 easy jog warm-up, and then did sets of 2:00 hard with 90s rest. I did this progressive and started at 6:00 pace. I increased the speed by 0.1 MPH each repeat and did 11 total sets finishing at 5:27 pace for the last one. When I finished those I did 4 x 30 second strides at 5:00 pace. All told I got in 4.25 miles of running at a faster pace. The workout wasn't horrible, but I was ready to be done. I got in 9 more miles in 59:00, which is good because it put in me a good spot to hit goal mileage for the week. I will be back to regular form by next week for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment