Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hills

I did 6 miles this morning on the treadmill at Twisted Fitness. My schedule didn't call for a workout, but I wanted to do something a little harder than normal. I chose hills. I put the pace at 7:53 and chose a hill session with an intensity level of 10 on a scale from 0-20. The "workout" went something like this:

60 second recovery at 1.5% grade
60 seconds at 4.5% grade
60 second recovery at 1.5% grade
60 seconds at 5.5% grade
60 second recovery at 1.5% grade
60 seconds at 6.5% grade
60 second recovery at 1.5% grade
60 seconds at 7.8% grade

I did this whole revolution 6 times, and I put in 6 miles and a cooldown. It wasn't too bad until the last revolution when I was really getting sick of running the grades. All-in-all, a great run with very little pressure on the knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment