Today's workout was a little different. It was repeat 1200s, but it had a twist. The first 800m was slightly faster than tempo pace and the last lap of each repeat was done closer to I pace. This was Justin's final workout before his marathon on Sunday so it was really a tempo run+ for him. I ran mine a touch faster than tempo pace, but still got in a good quality workout on VERY little sleep. For the first 800m I was looking to run about 2:58, and the final lap of each rep I was shooting for 83 second laps. Interestingly, I ran 2:55 for the first 800 of each repeat, and I pretty much did 81 or 82 seconds except for the first rep which I did in 76. The goal was 5 repeats in about 4:20 each. After the 1200s were over I ran a hard 400m with Justin. The purpose of this was two-fold. 1) It allowed me to finish the workout on a real fast note, and 2) it gave me 4 miles exactly of quality running. I got in about 10.75 miles for the morning. Here were the splits:
4:11, 4:14, 4:16, 4:17, 4:16, 72
Good luck Justin on your marathon this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment