I had the best of intentions of hitting the track this morning for some mile, 800 and 400m repeats. When I got up the weather was so terrible that I didn't dare go outside. Driving rain and strong winds kept me in the basement on the Sole F80 belt sander. I was planning on doing a fartlek/tempo workout, but once I got into it I quickly realized that it was a lot harder than I expected. I did a ladder workout with equal time rest to the fast intervals. The hard intervals were done at 5:39 pace, the easy/recovery stuff was done at 7:30 pace. Here is what I ended up with:
2+ mile warm-up
(1:00 hard/1:00 easy) , (2:00 hard/2:00 easy), (3:00 hard/3:00 easy), (4:00 hard/4:00 easy), (4:00 hard/4:00 easy), (3:00 hard/3:00 easy), (2:00 hard/2:00 easy), (1:00 hard/1:00 easy),
1 mile easy + 1 mile at 6:07 pc + 1 mile easy
Total distance on the workout was 11.4 miles. Total distance was about 3.5 miles at 5:39 pace (5K) and 1 mile at half-marathon pace. This was a ball buster on the treadmill, but I am very glad I got it done. Long tempo run in a couple days.
No comments:
Post a Comment