Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday Workout

Today I went down to Keene again and did a workout with the guys down there. I had been thinking about doing 5 x 1 mile, but I ran out of daylight and time and I didn't want to miss the cool-down with everyone. I ended up doing 4 x mile which was good enough considering that I am only 10 days until my race. Anyway, my goal pace for the quality stuff today was 5:40. I had committed myself to doing at least 3 miles at that pace, then if I felt horrible I would switch to tempo pace for the last one or two. Clint did the first 2 1/2 miles with me, then he did the last lap of that third repeat. It was real nice having someone else with me to grind out those laps. The final rep I was all alone. Here's how the splits worked out:

5:33, 5:35, 5:31, 5:37

Kinda disappointed about the 4th rep. I think I lost my focus on the third lap which caused the whole thing to end up being a tad slower than the rest of them. It was hard to recover all that time on the fourth lap. Overall, I felt pretty comfortable. I really do enjoy mile repeats. I am pumped with this workout, and I definitely think that 80 minutes is doable at WMM. One more real good quality session on Friday, then a sharpening workout next week. Almost there.

No comments:

Post a Comment