Saturday, December 10, 2011

Base Training Week 2 Workouts

12/6- Tempo Run: This morning I did an 11 miler w/20:00 at tempo pace. I wanted to do a little longer, but once I got out there I didn't have the energy. I am still getting used to my new work schedule and I have been exhausted lately. Anyway, the first 2 ish miles of this run are on Sugar River Drive/Chandler Mills Road. I did the first mile (uphill) in 5:51. When I turned onto the trail I was at 5:48 overall pace. The next 8-10 minutes or so turned quite ugly. The trail was wet and soft and I couldn't get anything back from the ground. I ended up bagging it at 20:00 with 3.4 miles and 5:54 overall pace to show for it. A decent base training workout. I am not putting too much emphasis on any of these.

12/9- Hills: Tonight Rusty, Mont and I hit a hill workout on Leslie Ave. My best guess based on the Garmin is that this hill is somewhere between 10 and 15% grade. The hill is almost exactly 400m, so we added a little bit of flat running at the top to make it perfect. This was a tough workout, but it is nice to do these different types of workouts that we don't get to during the rest of the year. I am liking this phase right now. Here were my splits: 96, 97, 96, 95, 95, 97, 99, 95. The 6th and 7th repeat were very tough for me. On the final one, Justin started a few seconds behind me and chased me up the hill. We both ran our fastest rep on that one. Gotta love friendly competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment