12/27: Progression Run- Once again, I was on the treadmill to pound out a progression run. This morning I chose to do 11 miles and finish down near 10k pace again. I did an easy mile in 7:15 then ran the following splits: 6:48, 6:39, 6:37, 6:30, 6:17, 6:10, 5:59, 5:51, 5:45, 5:40, 7:28. It was a good run. I did some lunges and squats on Sunday evening and my legs were still very stiff from that. They only started to loosen up about halfway through this.
12/31: Tempo Run- This morning I went over to Newport to do a charity run at the Newport Fitness Center. It was 6 total hours of running per team. My team consisted of four guys: Chris Martin, Skip, Mont and I. I did the last 80 minutes (well, at least most of it). My goal was to run several miles (6-7ish) at 1/2 marathon race pace (6:00 pc), and I got pretty close. After about a 2 mile warm-up I ran the next 5 miles at 6:00 pc, but I was having some problems. I had a very upset stomach which was making me miserable. Add to that the fact that the gym was 700 degrees with no air flow, and that I had just gotten done a 12-hour midnight shift and I had the perfect storm for a whining session. Needless to say, my workout got tubed after 30 minutes, and my total run went from 11.5 to 10 miles. I ended up having to call it quits and tag out to Mont who jogged the last 10 minutes for me. The good news: The holidays are over, and its time to train! See you next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment