11/11- The goal today was 3 x 2 miles at Tempo Pace w/2:00 jog recovery between each one. I was hoping to have all the splits somewhere around 11:30. I was solo at the track. The temperature was in the low 40's and the sky was clear, but the wind was a big factor. It pretty much stood me straight up every time I got around the backstretch. I ended up changing the workout on the fly and went with 2 x 2 miles + 1 mile at T pace (still w/2:00 jog recovery), then I added 4 x 200 @ R pace w/200m recovery jogs between each. The splits were as follows: (11:26, 11:29, 5:36) (33, 33, 32, 32). I ended up with 11 total miles on the afternoon with the warm-up and cool-down. I am pleased with this.
11/17- I went to the track with Justin this morning. We did the Rod Special, with a twist. We did 1 mile at tempo pace + 4x800 @ 5k pace + 4x400 @ R pace. We also threw in a 200 at the very end just for kicks. Here were the splits: 5:34, 2:37, 2:39, 2:39, 2:41, 73, 74, 73, 73, 33. We ended up with 10 total on the day. It was a good workout, and my last before Fisher Cat.
No comments:
Post a Comment