Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Long Tempo Run

Joel and I did a 12.3 mile run with the middle 5.2 miles at tempo pace. We started our workout at 3:30 in the morning! The course won't win any awards for creativity, as we went from Monadnock Park all the way out Main Street, turned onto Rt. 12A North and turned around at the Cornish Town Line. The tempo portion started and finished at the High Bridge. I marked those miles last night with road chalk, but it was too dark to see any of them this morning. I had a car pass by me at mile 1, so I was lucky enough to catch that split. It was a 6:40. I ended up covering the distance in 35:02 which is a 6:44 pace overall. I am extremely happy with that, as I ran entirely by how my body felt as opposed to what my watch told me. The first half was 17:24 and the second was 17:32. Very close. I probably would have been dead even, but I was looking for the 5 mile marker and not really concentrating on my pace like I should have been. Oh well. Now that the workout is overy my legs are trembling. I weighed myself when I got home and I am down to 170. That is almost 40 pounds lighter than I was in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment