Fenway Franks and Italian Sausages do not consititute a good carbo load before a hard workout. I had one of each last night at the Red Sox game. However, I stuck with my pledge and avoided all soda and alcohol. It was coffee and water for me yesterday! Anyway, I took today off from work and ran my tempo run at 9:00 AM. It was an 11.8 mile loop with a 3.5 mile warm-up, 5 miles at Tempo pace, and a 3.3 mile cooldown.
I didn't eat breakfast, but I did have a Nutri-Grain bar on my way out to the 8.5 mile mark where I dropped water. The temperature was perfect, but the air was pretty raw from all the rain we have been getting. There was also a pretty significant head wind at times. Fortunately, my tempo running was done in the trees so I wasn't very affected during the times when I needed to push hard. The tempo section went quite well overall, but I had a hard time keeping focused on the task at hand. My mind kept wondering to a place free of pain. I really had to work hard to keep on track. My splits were as follows: 6:22, 6:45, 6:47, 6:47, and 6:41.
I concluded my workout with a leisurely cooldown, which took me up Bible Hill again. That is my second trip over the hill already this week. I am refusing to stop at the bottom like many of my runs call for...not this week. Overall, my legs are feeling tired but they will definitely be ready to handle the rest of the hard work this week. NORMAN!
No comments:
Post a Comment