Sunday, September 20, 2009
Sunday Long Run
Todays 21 miler went amazingly well. There were a few hiccups in the run, but nothing too serious. After a quick 30 second pitstop at 5 miles my stomach started to feel a lot better. My plan was to run the first half conservatively and gradually progress in the final 10 miles so I was somewhere around 7:30 pace by the end. I ended up at 80:37 at 10 miles which was exactly where I wanted to be. I went through my next 10 in 74:49. From mile 15 to the end I pushed really hard. I ran the 20th mile in 6:45. The 21st mile went up Bible Hill and my goal had been to run that one sub 8:00 pace. I ended up doing it in 7:44. I am extremely happy with the performance. I had no acute pain and no real soreness to speak of. I am also very impressed with the performance that Joel turned in today. It seems like the training has paid off. The last long run will be done in Falmouth on the race course in two weeks. We are almost there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment