Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ladder Workout

I did this workout two months ago and got my butt kicked. Granted, the weather was a lot warmer then and I wasn't nearly as fit as I am now. However, I struggled through that one. Today I felt great and hit my splits dead on. I am so pumped with how this worked out. With 4 weeks left of real hard training before a taper this was a huge boost mentally. The plan was to do 400, 800, 1200, 1600 then back down to 400 with splits at 80, 2:45, 4:15, and 5:50 for the intervals, respectively. Here's how it went:

400- 78
800- 2:43
1200- 4:12
1600- 5:43
1200- 4:14
800- 2:45
400- 77

I was pumped. All told I got in 10 miles on the morning. A 5+ mile run in the afternoon to shake out my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment