Sunday, September 19, 2010

RTB Relay

What a great time at Reach the Beach this year. I ran on a team of 12 really cool people and got the privilege of being in a van full of guys who were super fun to hang out with. As for the running, I had a plan going into this about how I wanted to run. I was planning on running my three legs all under 7:00 pace, but with one of them closer to 6:20 pace. The distances were approximately 9 miles, 7.75 and 5.15 respectively, giving me a grand total of 21.9ish for the whole event. Well, my plan didn't really go as it was scheduled. I ran my first leg of 9 miles at 6:27 pace. The second leg I still felt really well and ended up doing that one at 6:36 pace. That one was in the middle of the night and was far hillier than the first. The final leg I planned on running whatever felt comfortable. There was a huge amount of climbing in the last leg, but I still ended up runing it in 6:39 pace. I was happy with how I ran individually, how everyone in my van ran, and collectively how we ran as a team. Good job fellow Flaming Nipples!

No comments:

Post a Comment