Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Tempo Run
This morning I did an 11 mile run with the middle 5 at tempo pace. I went out Sugar River Drive and came back into town on the superhighway. A few hills and some dirt, but otherwise a pretty decent place to run tempo pace, especially the last 2.5 miles which is all pancake flat rail trail. I don't have overall splits, but I know that when I turned onto the trail at 2.5 miles I was at an overall 6:17 pace. By the time I finished I was at 6:12 pace overall. That suggests that I was pretty close to 6:00 pace on the trail. After my body got done yelling and screaming at me for running hard, I got into a good rhythm and felt pretty smooth running at these paces. I would have felt way more in control if the footing were better. I am definitely starting to see and feel a lot of improvement in my running since I have been putting in harder workouts and more mileage. Good things still to come with another month of real solid training before I start to back down before White Mountain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment