Objective: Descending Ladder; 2k, 1k, 2x800, 4x400, 2x200
Recovery: 600m after the 2k, 500m after the 1k, 300m after the 800s, 200s after the 400s and 200s.
Warm-up/Cooldown: 3 mile warm-up which included 4 x 100m strides and some very light stretching. 2 mile cool-down.
Outcome: 2k @ 6:51 (5:29 pc), 1k @ 3:21 (5:25 pc), 800s (2:41,2:41), 400s (75, 75, 76,75), 200s (33, 34)
Comments: I had an upset stomach for the first several reps, but I got rid of that right before starting the 400s. I didn't sleep one wink last night because I worked the Cornish Fair. I did this workout last year and I ran a lot faster today. See that workout here: http://brentsrunning.blogspot.com/2010/08/interval-workout.html
I am really happy with the development I have made over the last year and it is really starting to show itself. It was pretty sticky outside and there were a ton of people at the track. Fortunately, they all stayed out of lane 1. Total mileage for the morning was 11 miles.
No comments:
Post a Comment