Wednesday, August 3, 2011

8/3/11 Track Workout

Objective: 1 mile @ Tempo pc + 6 x 800 @ Interval pc + 4 x 200 @ Rep pace

Recovery: 400m after the mile and 800s, 200 after the 200s.

Warm-up/Cooldown: 2 mile warm-up and cool-down. Not enough time to do strides/drills so after the 2 miles I changed shoes and got right into it.

Outcome: mile (5:56) / 800s (2:43, 2:43, 2:41, 2:41, 2:42) / 200s (34, 35, 35, 34)

Comments: This was a great workout! I was a little crammed for time and didn't get to do any strides or drills before the workout. The mile felt like a walk in the park. I was planning on doing the 800's around 2:44 or 2:45, but I was a little bit quicker, which is motivating. The 200s at the end felt smooth and good. I really don't know what to expect for Cigna next week, but I think I am in low 17:00 shape right now. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment