Tuesday, October 11, 2011

10/11/11 Track Workout

Objective: (4 x 200) + (2 x 400) + 800 + (2 x 400) + (4 x 200) all at Rep pace.

Recovery: Equal distance jog

Warm-up/Cooldown: 3 mile warm-up included 2.5 miles of easy running + strides/drills. Cooldown was 2 miles of easy running.

Outcome: (33, 36, 35, 35) / (70, 73) / (2:30) / (71, 73) / (34, 35, 35, 33)

Comments: Wow, today was a good day. I had a bit of an upset stomach during the warm-up and was a little worried about how that was going to shake-out. I did the standard 2.5 mile warm-up and then did a little more dynamic drills than normal. I also did 4-100m strides. Once I started out everything just clicked and came together nicely. I wish I had been a bit more consistent, but I am very happy with the splits. That 800meter rep was super hard, but I hit it dead on. The goal for today's session was to hit all the splits at 75s/lap pace. I was much faster obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment