Objective: Ladder- 400, 800, 1200, mile, 1200, 800, 400; (400s at R pace, everything else at goal 5k pace)
Recovery: 400m jog after everything
Warm-up/Cooldown: 3 mile warm-up included 2.5 miles of easy running + strides/drills. Cooldown was 2 miles of easy running.
Outcome: 76, 2:39, 4:03, 5:29, 4:05, 2:41, 72
Comments: Another good track workout today. I think I went too quick on the first 800 and 1200, because it took a little too much out of me for the mile. I really wanted to run that closer to 5:25, but I was still pleased to keep it under 5:30. The back half of the workout I held it together pretty good and was closer to my goal splits. There was a really strong headwind during the homestretch and in the first corner. I have done this workout 5 times now, and have gotten faster each time. The last time I did it was almost exactly a year ago. It is fun to do these marker workouts and see the overall improvements.
No comments:
Post a Comment