Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Back in the Saddle
This afternoon I put in 6.5 miles around the Muddy River trail. I really focused on running slow and relaxed. Overall pace was 7:34 mpm. At the end of that run I did 6 strides and then a little bit of a cooldown. Total distance for the day was about 7.7 miles. It felt great to get my legs moving again after two days of being sick. I am still not 100%, but I am getting there. I have finally started to get my appetite back. I am probably going to shoot for about 60 mpw for the next couple weeks. The two days off really helped my knee, and I am trying to prevent something catastrophic from happening at this point. Even 10 miles less per week will make a difference. Once I am back to full strength I will slowly bump it back to 65 then 70 mpw for a few weeks before the taper begins. Tempo run tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment