Monday, February 22, 2010

Big Blister

This morning I set off for an 8 mile run. I had low expectations, because the blister I developed on Saturday has turned into a beach ball on the arch of my right foot. I have soaked it in epsom salts twice with little relief. I was able to run with moderate pain on the blister for a while, but I soon realized that it was changing the way that my foot was striking the ground and causing the muscles in my right shin and calf to get super tight. I turned around at about 2.85 miles and finished with 5.4 for the day. I was running a slow pace. I hope this things starts to heal so I can get the rest of my workouts in for the week. It looks like it could get interesting with about 2 feet of snow on the way....Yippee...

No comments:

Post a Comment