Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Interval Workout

Today was my first interval workout of this training cycle. I did 6x800m w/ 400m recovery jogs between each. The hard running was done at Mt. View Cemetery. Total distance for the day was 9.22 miles. Overall, I am happy with how the workout went. I wish the times were a little more consistent, but I was using my GPS watch and it could have been off a few seconds on each split. The goal was to keep them all at 3:00 or below. I did that. Splits are as follows:

2:46
2:51
2:50
2:54
2:58
2:57

This was the first time I have ever done an interval workout that was not done on the track. It is a lot harder to gauge pace and speed when you are on uneven terrain, and with no exact measurements. I will take this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment