Sunday, October 18, 2009

Knee Pain

I headed out the door with the belief that I was going to run 10 miles at a fairly easy pace. However, about 1.5 miles into the run, I started contemplating whether that was a good idea. My knee hurt, and it was causing my whole left leg to ache. By 2.5 miles I decided to scrap it and turn around. By the time I got to 3.5 miles the pain was real bad and it was starting to effect my stride. I noticed that my right leg was now starting to ache from doing more of the work. As a result, I stopped and walked back home. I am definitely not excited about this, but I am not totally in the dumps either. I am keeping a positive attitude. I know that in time the pain will subside and I will be back to myself again. I am going to take at least the next three days off. I have physical therapy Monday-Wednesday. I will probably try to run something real light on Thursday and/or Friday, but my goal is simply to get to the starting line in Falmouth 7 days from now. I will probably have to adjust my race plan because of this, but I recognize that this isn't the pinnacle of my running career and I will have other opportunities to run marathons. With that said, I still want to PR!

No comments:

Post a Comment