Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Tempo Run
I ran a 7 mile loop and did the middle 4 miles at tempo pace. The weather was terrible; it was raining, windy and cold. I didn't sleep very well last night, but with all these excuses I still ran pretty well. I managed to pull a 25:51 total time, which is a 6:27 pace. I am unsure where the mile splits were exactly, but I think I was pretty close. I estimate that my splits were: 6:33, 6:20, 6:35, 6:23. I finally finished a tempo run without getting ill! The last 3/4 of a mile was really hard as the lactic acid was in full effect and I felt out of breath and struggling to maintain pace most of that time. Overall, I am pleased with the workout and I am glad that I got it in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment