Friday, October 2, 2009

Medium Long Run

I did my medium long run for the week starting from 590 South Main St in Newport and running along the superhighway to Chestnut St and then finishing at CPD. It was one of the more enjoyable runs I have had during this training cycle. It was so serene to be running on the trail at sunrise. I must outline why this was a great experience: 14.4 miles at sunrise, on a nice trail through the woods, along the river, at peak foliage season, in the crisp cool morning air, all by myself, with nothing but the sounds of wildlife and the pitter-patter of my feet on the trail. This is what running is all about!

My effort was good. I had a bit of soreness in my hips, but overall nothing unmanageable. The only problem was that there were times when I struggled to maintain a good rhythm when I was running through sections of soft gravel on the trail. Anyway, I managed to pull a 7:54 overall pace and I closed the last 2.5 miles in 7:30. Once I hit Washington St, I ran on the pavement until I got back on the trail to cut over to Chestnut St. I felt good on that short section of road and I was really able to hammer out a nice pace. Only a couple more runs and the taper begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment