My schedule called for 3 x 2 mile repeats this morning at tempo pace (6:15 mpm) with a 2:00 recovey jog between sets. I'm starting to think I need to do these tempo workouts on Friday mornings. I am finding that my legs are still a bit heavy on Thursdays when I do these workouts. Anyway, the workout was okay until the final repeat when my stomach was doing everything it could to bounce out of my mouth. I wanted to run 94 second laps and I ended up being pretty close to that. I had such an upset stomach by the third repeat that I scrapped the last mile. The workout ended up being 2 x 2 and 1 x 1 mile repeats, with 5 total miles of quality. Good enough. Here is how it worked out:
2 mile - (6:13, 6:13) = 12:26
2 mile - (6:13, 6:15) = 12:28
1 mile - 6:19
Pathetic last mile. With warm-up, cool-down and the recovery jogs I ended up being just a touch over 10 miles on the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment