Saturday, July 30, 2011

3 x 2 mile tempo workout

Goal: 3 x 2 miles at Tempo Pace (6:00 pc)

Recovery: 2:00 rest

Outcome: This started out pretty good, but as I got deep into the workout the heat started to have a profound effect on me. It was about 80 degrees, and the long intervals with no water made this a real grind. The other element that I had to contend with was wind, as there was about a 14 MPH constant wind in my face on the entire back stretch. Mentally, I stayed tough and committed to finishing this workout no matter what. I am pleased with that. Here's how it all shook out:

11:52, 12:04, 12:20

I wish the last one had been quicker, but there wasn't too much more I could have done. That one felt the worst. With the warm-up and cool-down I ended up with 12 on the day and 84 on the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment