Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fartlek Workout

I did this "workout" as part of an 11.5 mile run along the Sugar River loop from home. I did a similar workout this past winter at home on the treadmill and I kinda wanted to see how it translated to the roads. Two problems: A) I am not as fit as I was this winter, and B) it was really friggin hot. Anywy, enough of the excuses, this is what I did. 2 mile warmup followed by 1:00 hard (0.18 miles @ 5:42 pc), 1:00easy, 2:00 hard (.34 miles @ 5:51 pc), 1:00 easy, 3:00 hard (.52 miles @ 5:43 pc), 2:00 easy, 4:00 hard (.66 miles @ 6:04 pc), 2:00 easy, 5:00 hard (.78 miles @ 6:22 pc, uphill), 3:00 easy, 15:00 @ Tempo effort (2.39 miles @ 6:16 pc), 3:00 easy, 3:00 hard (.50 miles @ 6:03 pc), 2:00 easy, 2:00 hard (.34 miles @ 5:55 pc), 1:00 easy, 1:00 hard (.17 miles @ 6:00 pc), 1.88 mile cool-down shuffle. It was hot as hell. I am going to do this workout again when it is cooler and I am going to kill it. This turned out to be more like a 6 mile tempo workout than an interval/tempo combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment