Tuesday, July 12, 2011

7/12/2011 Track Workout

Objective: 12 x 400 @ Rep pace.

Recovery: Equal distance jog

Warm-up/Cooldown: 3 mile warm-up included 2.5 miles of easy running + strides. Cooldown was 2 miles of easy running.

Outcome: 10 x 400 + 4 x 200 (insanely hot outside); 400s @ (76, 76, 76, 75, 75, 76, 76, 76, 76, 74) / 200s @ (36, 35, 35, 35)

Comments: I did this workout with Montgomery and he helped with the pacing. I wanted to hit them all at 77, but we consistently came through quicker. The weather was brutally hot and it seemed like I couldn't cool down at all. The plan had originally been for 12 x 400, but I was zapped for energy from the heat and the quicker paces. Even with the heat I was still able to run fast, which is encouraging. I definitely think I am getting my legs back. Justin got slammed by a water baloon when some asshole chucked one at us during the warm-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment