Monday, July 4, 2011
4 on the 4th-Keene, NH
This morning I headed to Keene with Justin and Rusty and ran the 4 on the 4th for the second time. I ran this in 2007 and laid down a 24:51. The goal for today was to be around 23:00. This is my first post-injury race and I was a little anxious about how I would do. Anyway, the short story is this; my pacing was not great as my splits were roughly 5:30, 5:45, 6:00 and 5:45. I crossed the line in 23:05 which was about 5:48 pace overall. The course is a tad short, but not by much (140'). The weather was warm, although a good portion of this route was run with shade cover. I had a tough go of it during the 3rd mile, but this is when the only hill presents itself. The field of quality runners was very deep and I placed 17th overall. This served as a good hard workout for the week and a benchmark for my upcoming races. I am pleased with how I did today. Now, time to get back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment