My dilligence to this blog has been lackluster at best. The last few weeks of training have been ho hum. I have been dealing with a number of nagging injuries, none of which have sidelined me, but all of which have really put a damper on my mood. I have done my best to keep the intensity and volume as high as I can without crossing that dreaded line and becoming totally injured and unable to run.
I was excited about my workout went on Wednesday after I got out of work I missed my workout on Thursday for two reasons, I was running daddy daycare all day and I was just plain lazy. I could have taken the boys downstairs and run on the mill but I wasn't into it. Friday my motivation returned when I finally got a few seconds to breathe with my mother coming to watch both boys. I got in an awesom 14 miles which I was very pleased with. Saturday brought a really easy 6 mile recovery run with Brad and Sunday was my 4th 20+ miler of this training cycle. That run went very well pace-wise. The weather was terrible with high winds, rain and sleet throughout the duration of the run. My hamstrings and calves were very tight, but nothing debilitating. I was surprised at how quickly I bounced back after that one. Truth-be-told, I was ready to run again on Monday but I took the day completely off to help things heal.
Looking ahead, I have a bit of a step-back week. I am probably going to do 10 on Tuesday, 10 on Wednesday, 8 on Thursday, 6 on Friday, 7 on Saturday and 14 on Sunday giving me a total of 55 miles for the week. I will probably sneak some hard running in on Wednesday and I am doing a 5K race on Saturday morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment