Friday, March 5, 2010

Medium Long Run

This morning I did 14 lovely miles through West Claremont at just under 8:00 pc. This is one of my favorite routes for a medium-long run. The only problem is that the end of it is incredibly challenging. I end up going up Old Church Road and then up Buena Vista/Clifton and through the neighborhood until I get back home. It is completely uphill the last mile and with 13 miles before it can be a tad daunting. My only problem today was that I was super dehydrated. All I drank yesterday was coffee and I hadn't touched water in about 16 hours before I set out on this run. I was perfect for 11 miles, but after the Old Church Road hill I started to have a tough go of it. I was dreaming of ice cold gatorade the whole way back. My legs got super stiff, I got cramps and I was just plain miserable. That, coupled with the uphill last mile made this a not so fun end to the run. Oh well, it's done. Tomorrow I will do a quick shake-out run then a 21 miler on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment