Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tempo Run
This morning I did a 7 mile run with the middle 3.5 miles (roughly) at tempo pace. It was a real informal workout. I did the first mile in 7:30, then maintained that effort for about a half mile. I then increased my pace gradually over the next half mile. I came through the second mile in 6:58. The next two miles were good, and then I hit a big hill on River Road which broke my stride. I ended up running that mile in 6:56. I ran another 1/4 mile or so at tempo pace then slowed when I got to the RR junction and jogged up Maple Ave as my cooldown. It certainly wasn't my best workout of this cycle, but I didn't get much sleep last night and at least I got my legs turning over again. I will get another hard run in this week when I go running with Justin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment