Tuesday, March 23, 2010
The Final Push
Well, it is the final week of hard training. I was starting to wonder if this week would ever get here. I am so thrilled to be less than a month away from this race and to have the taper so close. Today's workout was a bit odd. I wanted to run about 10 miles and I wanted to get a few harder miles in. I decided on doing a 10 mile run at marathon pace in North Walpole along Cold River Road. The weather was cold and raw, with a constant steady blowing rain the entire time. My first two miles were 7:00 on the button. After that, things got a bit dicey. I ended up running the last 8 miles in 6:34 pace, which put me at 1:06:41 for the 10 miles. I did a nice leisurely 2 mile cool-down jog at the end. I was super excited with this. One of my earlier goals in this training cycle was to do a 10 mile tempo run by the end. Well, here it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment