Monday, March 1, 2010
Wrap up
Well, it was a lousy week of training. After my appointment at physical therapy on Wednesday, I decided to take a few more days off to let my body heal. Friday was supposed to be my return to running, then a long run on Saturday and a double on Sunday. Didn't happen. I didn't get out Friday for a number of reasons, Saturday's 20 miler got scrapped and I did 11 with Brandon, Brad and Joel through W. Unity. Sunday's double got thown out the window when I missed Friday. Ok, so here we are. I had a really awful week of mileage, but my body has had some time to heal. I have one month left until I start my taper for this race. It looks like I am going to alter my training plan slightly and do long tempo runs on Wednesday, 14 milers on Fridays with eight or ten miles of that at marathon pace and 21 milers on Sunday. Overall, the mileage will still be somewhere in the low to mid 60 mpw range, and I am still shooting for a marathon around 3:05 or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Brent-
ReplyDeleteJust got your fundraising letter through the Claremont chamber- then saw your son's picture on the Children's hospital page and I melted- My 5 yr old was just in the hospital for just two days for something relatively minor but very unexpected and at the time scary- it shook me to the core- So hats off to you- Good Luck!
-John Everest- Granite State College