Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Easy Run + Strides
This morning I did an easy 7 miles out to the Chestnut Hill reservoir and partially around the trail. Because of the recent warm weather the trail is pretty much free of ice and snow. It is a bit wet and mushy, but not too bad. As the weather cools back down the trail will freeze and it will be nice and hard again. Can't wait to run on that. After I got done with the 7 miles I did 10 x 100m strides on the Muddy River trail. The strides were nice, except that I nearly collided with a lady riding her bike which would have been disastrous for both of us. Total distance for the day was 8.3 miles. I am still pretty banged up from my race on Sunday. I was having some pain below my left knee cap when I started my run, but that dissipated about 2 miles in. It seems to be feeling better now. Besides a few other minor tweaks and blisters on my right foot, all is good. After my workout I did a 20 minute core strength session.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment