Friday, January 15, 2010

Medium Long Run

I did 12 miles today through the Boston College campus and onto Commonwealth Ave. I ran down to the Young at Heart Statue and then did a loop around the Bullough Park Pond. I hammered the second half of the run and really worked the Newton Hills. The total distance was 12.2 miles, and the average pace was 7:11 mpm. The last 4 miles were done at an average of about 6:45 pace. I probably should have run this a little slower but I felt good. The weather was beautiful and I had the opportunity to run in shorts which you can never pass up in the middle of winter. I will probably hit 70 miles this week if my last two runs go as planned. Tonight's treat was an Italian dinner in Boston's North End and a few Sam Adams draft beers. The meal was capped with a cannoli. An incredibly tasty outing and a very good 28th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment