Sunday, January 17, 2010

Marathon Pace Run

Today's workout called for 18 total miles with 10 of those miles at Marathon Pace (7:00 mpm). I did a 7 mile "warm-up" followed by 10 hard miles. The problem with my hard miles is that the majority of them were run up the Newton Hills, so my pace wasn't as fast as I would have liked. I was working just as hard, or harder, than I would have to run 7:00 pace on flat ground, but I was summiting the four Newton Hills. By the time I got to Boston College the uphill running was done and I really hammered out the last four miles. I closed my last mile in just over 6:20 pace. I took a 1.5 mile recovery jog back to the apartment giving me 18.5 miles for the day. My overall pace for the hard section was 7:06, so I still pretty close even with all the uphill running. Overall pace for the run was 7:29. As for this week, I finally got to 70 miles and I still feel very good! Next week will be a step back before Sunday's race in Derry, NH.

No comments:

Post a Comment