Sunday, January 3, 2010
Sunday Long Run
Today I did 17.2 miles through West Unity. Joel and I were supposed to run this thing together, but he tweaked his back shoveling just before we were about to leave. Thankfully, he agreed to crew for me. About 20 minutes before the start of my run it started to snow again, and quite hard too. I stepped off at about 1:30 PM. The entire route was snow covered and my feet never hit pavement the entire time. Running over snow and ice is much different then running over dry ground. Furthermore, I spent 2+ hours outside in 20 degree weather with a constant snow fall. My beard was completely covered in chunks of ice! Last complaint that I have is that I spent the whole run squinting because snow was pelting me in the eyes...God bless the winter training season! Overall though, my pace was not nearly as slow as I expected it would have been. I managed to run an overall pace of about 7:50 mpm. The route is very hilly and with the weather conditions I had to deal with I am very happy with this outing. Thank you Joel and Katrina to for your great help today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment