Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Back Home
Today was an 8 mile easy run to start the week. The word "easy" is kinda strange. The pace was not fast (7:27), but the weather was terrible and it made for a difficult hour of running. The first four miles were fine because the wind was at my back. However, after I turned around at Craigue Hill Road, the wind almost knocked me over it was gusting so hard. It was so cold that it went right to my core and froze me solid. I had ice chunks stuck to my beard when I got back to my house. My legs were like solid rocks by the time I was running the final half mile. A hot shower, coffee, a dry hooded sweatshirt and a warm fire has made that run a distant memory. I can't wait to go out again tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment