Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Young at Heart

The photo that I attached is of the "Young at Heart" statue. It is a statue dedicated to Johnny Kelly, the Boston Marathon Legend. It sits at the 19 mile mark of the Boston Marathon route, and served as my turn-around point today. This week I am working on endurance, so no formal workouts. Just longer runs with some marathon pace running today and Sunday. This morning I was a steady 10.5 mile run out to Newton. The loop was quite hilly. I ran 7:33 pace on the way to the turn around, and 7:06 back to the finish. The second half of the run is where the hills were. I locked into a really smooth rhythym and ran a pace that I would have been comfortable holding for a long time. I am very happy with how this went.

No comments:

Post a Comment