The weather was far too treacherous to brave the outdoors. I took my workout inside to the treadmill. Because of time constraints I broke up my scheduled long run into two parts. In the morning I did a steady 10.15 mile run at 7:41 mpm pace and I felt incredible.
In the afternoon, I did another 7 miles. This time the goal of the workout was to do the middle 3 miles at marathon pace (7:00 mpm). I did the 2 mile warm-up at 7:53 mpm, 3 miles at 6:57 mpm, and a 2 mile cool-down at 7:53 mpm. I felt incredible during the workout. I had zero soreness of any kind. All told this was a great week of training. 8 total runs and 61 miles, plus my body weight finally dropped below 170 lbs for the first time in years. Another 3 weeks at 60 miles and then I will pick up the mileage again.
No comments:
Post a Comment