Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tempo Run
I did the first workout of my Boston Marathon training cycle this morning. It was a total distance of 9.75 miles. I did a 2.55 mile warm-up to the Chestnut Hill Reservoir, then did three loops on the trail around the reservoir at a hard pace. The total distance of hard running was 4.65 miles. I did a 2.55 mile cool-down after, which brought me back to the apartment. The hard running went very well, except for the 20 MPH wind and sub-freezing temperatures. My splits were: 10:03, 10:01, and 9:52. Total time was 29:57, and my overall pace was 6:26 mpm. I felt really strong and I had a lot more to give. Not only was this good for my fitness, but psychologically it was huge to start this program off on such a good step. I am thrilled! Double session tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment