Sunday, December 27, 2009

Running in Place

I did 16 miles today on the treadmill. I set the incline to 1% and left it alone. The goal of the workout was two fold: run long, and run progressively faster each mile; I accomplished both of these things. I started out by running slightly over 8:00 mpm pace. Each mile I increased the speed of the treadmill by 0.1 MPH (roughly 5-10 seconds per mile faster). I did the final mile in 6:58 pace. Overall, the pace was 7:39, but it was anything but even paced. This was the first time that I have run over 12 miles on the treadmill. It wasn't terrible, but I certainly prefer doing long runs on the road. 10 miles and under is definitely manageable on the treadmill. Gotta love New England! It was 30 degrees and pouring rain today when I wanted to head out the door. That, coupled with being strapped for time forced this workout to happen indoors, and like the title suggests I ran in place for a little over 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment